This is what the living room looked like when we first moved in. We used it as a bedroom while we renovated the entire second floor. The carpets were stained. The fireplace was leaking. The plaster ceiling and walls were falling apart. The paint was cracking and there were exposed radiator pipes, but we knew it had potential.

This is what the living room looked like when we finished renovating the second floor. We had to stop renovating when Landon was born so we couldn't continue with the rest of the house.

There was an old fireplace mantle that was falling apart. It was also taking up space so we decided to get rid of it.

We had to cover the ceiling with a curtain because the plaster was cracking and falling all over the place.

The tv area. The door on the left was permanently removed because it was not necessary. The area behind it was the entrance to the house.

Cleared room for demolition.

Demolition begins!

The old fireplace mantle.

The entrance area. This door will be permanently removed.

The area where the tv was. The new thermostat will be moved closer to the entrance. The old thermostat will be removed.

Old knob and tube wiring. The area behind the plastic sheets is the kitchen - the biggest project of all!!!

The old chimney.

The old plaster ceiling was demolished.

The vertical radiator pipes leading to the upstairs bedroom will be moved into the wall so that they are no longer exposed. The pipes running horizontally near the ceiling are going to be installed inside the joists.

The old front window. All of the windows will be replaced with Andersen windows.